The-Rhapsody.com is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions [www.the-rhapsody.com/terms-and-conditions] and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.the-rhapsody.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is the-rhapsody.com.
HOW WE WILL USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use information held about you in the following ways:
Information You Give to Us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing visitor, we will only contact you by electronic means (email) with information about goods and services similar to those which you previously searched. If you are a new customer and only browsing the site, we will not collect your personally identifiable information.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information We Collect About You
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information to third parties
We will not share your personal information with any third parties except:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if The Rhapsody or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
SERVICES THE RHAPSODY USES
When you sign up to The Rhapsody, you will be added to The Rhapsody’s Mailchimp mailing list, as you have expressed that you would like to receive direct email marketing from The Rhapsody.
The Rhapsody uses Google analytics to track how you are using the site, your browsing behaviour, journey and device or browser used. No personally identifiable information is collected via Google analytics. This information is used to help improve the experience for the users.
You may opt out of receiving emails from The Rhapsody at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link with the email footer.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To opt out of communications from The Rhapsody or for further enquiries, please email email@example.com.